JUST BECAUSE

Just because you have a will
Doesn’t mean it is the right way
Just because you speak your mind
Doesn’t mean all will listen to what you have to say
Just because you have a way with your words
Doesn’t mean your words will have their way with me
Just because you’re appealing to the naked eye
Doesn’t mean that I can’t resist thee

Just because I said, “I was no quitter.”
Doesn’t mean I’ll stay around and suffer neglect
Just because you don’t agree with my convictions
Doesn’t mean that I don’t deserve respect.
Just because your jewelry glitters
Doesn’t mean that you are gold
Just because you’re a straight shooter
Doesn’t mean that you are bold

Just because you have plenty bread
Doesn’t mean you can’t be humble and meek
Just because you claim what’s between you’re inner legs is glee
Doesn’t mean you have to be everybody’s freak
Just because you’re not behind bars
Doesn’t mean that you’re free

Just because we share our views
Doesn’t mean that it is great news
Just because we seem profound
Doesn’t mean that what we share is sound

In fact, just because we can; doesn’t mean Amen!

© CLM 2007 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment