Unbeknownst of Me

Timid, quiet, full of hurt and absorbing the pain
Is how others used to view me as
They consider that sweet and meek
Now I am bold, I speak up for myself and use the pain as gain.
And to think some people are threatened of my change
They’d much rather I remain the same
But, there is no way a person can tell me
That when God touches your life
That he desires for you to stay as the old
Surely, he wants you to take on the new
All the while to yourself staying true
Reflections of the past is how others choose to see me
However, I do not let my past reflections
Interfere with my current progressions
For if I did, my growth would suffer from neglect
And I just can’t have that.
So many think they know me
Yet really haven’t a clue
Of what really makes me happy
Nor do they understand the things that I do
No one knows my inner struggle
Not my mother, my father, my sisters or child
Only God knows my heart and to him I seek to make proud
When was the last time someone actually took the time to ask, “How I feel?
Before, running to me sharing their problematic ordeals
I only know but a few and sad to say but some don’t care to hear my truth
They resort to their own opinions and then try to force their perceptions onto me
However, I no longer welcome that, you see… I know my reality.
So many are unbeknownst of me
And if one truly wanted to know who I am and where I came from and going…
They need only read my story…
It lies right in my poetry.

CLM 2009 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment